If you’re trying to give up smoking, we can help. Studies show that your chances of success will be greatly improved if you get advice and support from health care professionals to help you stop smoking and if you don’t pay for your prescriptions then giving up is free.
- The services we offer from the Practice can:
- Boost your willpower to stop smoking
- Concentrate your efforts by getting advice from someone who knows your medical background
- Help you feel that you’re not doing it alone
- Help you to cope when you are tempted to smoke
- Monitor improvements to your health so that you can see the benefits
Please call the surgery to arrange an appointment with our smoking cessation advisers.
For more information about quitting smoking visit:
No Smoking Day – Information to help you to kick the habit.
Gosmokefree – This website contains detailed information about the free NHS support services.
Smoking Cessation – NHS Choices Site – if you smoke, giving up is probably the greatest single step you can take to improve your health.
Quit Org. – Quit is the independent charity whose aim is to save lives by helping smokers to stop.
Smoking Quitters Cost Tool – Calculate the money you will save with NHS Direct quitters cost calculator and plan how to spend it.
Videos from NHS Choices
The stop smoking package is an NHS Choices initiative to inform on the health effects of smoking cigarettes. Articles and helpful hints and tips on stopping smoking.
Megan is 16 and a smoker. A make-up artist transforms her appearance to demonstrate the effects that smoking will have on her body. Will the results make Megan rethink her habit?