What problems can the service help with?
It’s important to remember that not all STIs have symptoms. If you’re worried about sexually transmitted infections, it’s best to get tested.
Provide an STI Testing Kit (ordered online) which will test you for HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. Hepatitis B and C tests are also available for men who have sex with men.
STI testing in clinics includes tests for the STIs listed above but may also include an examination to assist with diagnosis.
The sexual health clinic offers treatment for any STIs that they identify through testing and they will help you to notify partners.
If you are concerned you might have been exposed to HIV within the last 72 hours you may be eligible medication you can take to help reduce the chance of HIV transmission
What problems can’t the service help with?
Non-STI related problems e.g. Thrush, UTI’s, Skin irritations
Who can use the service?
Anyone of any age who lives in Hampshire, Portsmouth, or Southampton
How does patient access the service?
To order as STI test kit or book an appointment to attend a clinic visit www.letstalkaboutit.nhs.uk
Phone: 0300 300 2016 number is open from 8am-8pm, seven days a week
Thursday 3pm-6.30pm – at the sexual health clinic at the St Marys campus.
What can patient expect when they contact service?
All services are free, non-judgemental, and strictly confidential.
STI Testing Kit ordered online:
– You will be asked a few short questions online before you can order your kit.
-Your testing kit will be sent to you within 5 working days of ordering
– Your kit will be sent to the address you provide in a plain envelope and will contain all the information you will need to complete the tests.
– The online test kits are free and confidential.
– If any of your results are positive you will be contacted by the sexual health service to arrange treatment.
– You must have a valid UK mobile telephone number as your results will be sent to you via text within 7 working days of us receiving your samples.
If booking online:
– Online booking service only available between 8am and midnight www.letstalkaboutit.nhs.uk
– Some clinics offer appointments 48 hours and 2 weeks in advance or both.
– You will not be able to see appointments further than 2 weeks in advance
– If you are unable to get an appointment, new appointments will show every weekday at 8am
– If nothing is available you will need to call 0300 300 2016
If booking via phone:
– Call 0300 300 2016 between 8am and 8pm to book an appointment
– You will also have the option to speak to a non clinical adviser
– Please allow for at least five minutes to make the call to book your appointment