GP Partner/Salaried/Locum Options – Lake Road Practice
Listed from: 24/07/2019
Closing date: 31/10/2019
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organisation: Lake Road Practice
Post code: PO1 4JT
Salary: Top renumeration levels and unrivalled clinician support package
Lake Road Practice Job Opportunity
Due to retirement we are looking to recruit 4-8 GP sessions in whichever capacity suits the individual applying – Partner, Salaried or Retainer, job shares considered. Maternity Locum Cover is also available soon.
Lake Road Practice is an innovative, friendly and forward thinking surgery, located in the fascinating Historic Naval City of Portsmouth on the South Coast. Where we lead others follow. General Practice is changing at pace and we see this as a positive and opportunistic challenge.
Our list size inclusive of our John Pounds branch surgery is c.20,000 patients. We are a training practice and work from two modern purpose built sites less than 2km apart.
Duties vary according to the role type selected and would be agreed in advance of starting in post. Progression is always an option for GP’s interested in a Salaried role with a view to Partnership in the future.
Our Same Day Assessment Team is an advanced multidisciplinary team including GP’s working with nurse, paediatric and paramedic practitioners. In addition to routine GP clinics we run a highly organized nurse led chronic disease service. We have a fully developed medication team including a clinical pharmacist providing significant savings in GP time.
We offer a friendly and supportive environment for GPs to Practice safely and effectively with a manageable and sustainable workload. The Practice runs a modern and effective workflow management process that reduces GP workload significantly and delegates work widely to other team members.
At Lake Road Practice we lead the way and offer may positive opportunities and systems:
– Surgery split down into teams to create small practice care and continuity within a large practice
– Personalized list still maintained (rare thing now)
– Incoming paperwork work-flowed so only required goes to GP’s
– Any workflow with medication requests is forwarded to our prescription team
– The prescription team headed up by a clinical pharmacist resolves as much as possible for the GP and prepares cases for quick GP approval where required
– ‘Green drugs list’ – issued directly for GP to sign
– Administration run and pharmacist supervised automatic medication monitoring system
– Advanced Chronic disease recall system with HCA data collection to maximize efficiency
– Appropriate medication requests sent to diabetes nurses, respiratory nurses or paediatric practitioner not always GP.
– Fully developed triage system for on the day work – The Assessment Team is highly efficient and gives our patients the best possible service within NHS restraints.
– Extensive practitioner team (acute nurse practitioners, paramedic practitioner, paediatric practitioner, chronic disease nurse practitioner)
– We are contracted for 50% of the Portsmouth CAS (Clinical Assessment Service) from approximately August 2019
– We have a new private arm – Eclipse Medical
– We are the lead practice for our Primary Care Network – Island City Network. The Network has great potential covers approximately 47K patients and benefits from a very tight geographical spread
– Dr Shimbart (GP Partner) is the Island City Network Clinical Director
– Dr Vernon (GP Partner) is the Portsmouth CCG IT lead so brings IT innovation our way quickly.
– We host the Portsmouth OOH service
– We run John Pounds Surgery in addition to Lake Road Practice
– We are a high earning profitable business with significant further growth opportunity.
– We are very fortunate to have a highly competent, experienced and widely respected Practice Manager Mrs. Helen Burch
– Our Business Manager Mr. Luke Stacey has extensive CCG contracting experience and is developing our future business potentials at pace
– Lake Road has an innovative and forward thinking ethos to seek positive growth and to make the business ever more successful.
– We never standstill.
If you are interested in joining our team we would be very happy to hear from you.
For informal visits or to discuss opportunities please email our Practice Manager, Helen on email@example.com or call on 02392 882 105. To apply please submit your CV and covering letter either by email (above) or in writing, to Mrs. Helen Burch, Lake Road Health Centre, Nutfield Place, Portsmouth, PO1 4JT.
Salary & Benefits Package: Highly competitive with unrivaled clinical support package
Closing date: 31/10/2019
Interview date: To be arranged, where appropriate, shortly after application