- These are available for MEDICALLY URGENT problems. The duty doctor/nurse practitioner will deal with the urgent problem the same day but more routine problems may be deferred until a later date with your registered GP. Please do not use urgent appointments for medically non-urgent matters. If you are unsure whether or not you need and urgent appointment, please speak to one of our receptionists who will be able to advise you.Some examples of problems that are not suitable for the duty doctor are below:
Ongoing medical conditions
Before previously prescribed course of antibiotics is completeWhen booking a duty appointment, you may be asked to give details of the problem by our admin team; these are then given to the doctor/nurse practitioner so that they are able to help you efficiently.
Within 48 hours
- For patients who need to be seen soon but don’t require an emergency appointment we offer appointments within a 48 hour period.
- For patients who need an appointment for a non-urgent problem, a medication review or follow up appointment we offer appointments up to 1 month in advance.
- For patients who need general nursing care including dressings, removal of stitches and health care management.
- Your doctor or nurse will be happy to advise you, if not consulting with another patient.Our receptionists are asked not to disturb the doctor if he is with another patient unless the matter is a medical emergency. You will be asked to leave a phone number for when your doctor or nurse is free in the next 48 hours.
- If you have been asked to arrange a blood test please book an appointment via our reception team either in person or by telephone.
- We only visit patients at home when they are medically too ill to come to the surgery. Each home visit takes the time it would have taken to see four or more patients at the surgery. It is best for everyone if acutely ill patients are seen in surgery, where fuller facilities for assessment are available, unless they would need an ambulance and crew to travel.Acutely ill patients will be given urgent appointments and be seen as soon as possible. If you do need a home visit, please telephone 02392 009 117 between 8.30am and 10.30am and give details of the urgency of the problem – this allows the doctor to plan his rounds fairly.Please give any advice the doctor will need to find your home easily. If the problem is urgent, attending the surgery may well result in you being seen sooner.
Out of hours
- When the practice is closed our telephone calls are re-routed to 111. Please remember this service is for urgent out of hours care and advice. Dial 999 in an emergency.
Cancel an Appointment
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to make your appointment by completing this form.